Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Blog

One year ago today ... I started this blog. I started it with this post.

I have always been a mega blog reader and at some point I just had the though "why don't I do that?" So I did and it has been a wonderful year.

For me, this is a hobby. It is a creative outlet. It is a way for me to showcase my love of all things fashion. Clothes. Shoes. Makeup. Accessories. All of it. It is a journal of sorts.

I began the blog showing pictures of outfits followed by descriptions of the fashion. But I found myself wanting more from the blog as a whole. So ... I asked myself "what is it about the blogs that you love that makes you want to read them over and over?" I realized it is people's stories. I love to look at the pictures of outfits but I want the words to be about real life. Whether that be happy or sad or funny or crazy. It doesn't matter. It is others' experiences that rope me into to what they have to say. I began reworking my blog. I want it to be a fashion blog first and foremost but I now include who I am. I love it.

In honor of today I have chosen my favorite post so far, What Matters, and 10 pictures from throughout the year.


I hope you all have enjoyed it as much as I have!

Happy Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Those first 2 pictures look like so much! I love the necklace(s) in the 2nd and 4th picture!!

    ReplyDelete