Friday, November 4, 2011

What Matters

In August I went on a vacation to Colorado with my family and when I got back I wrote a blog about it. Because my blog is mostly a fashion blog I said something in the post about how I wasn't super fashionable on my trip. I linked my post to my facebook and twitter pages and was surprised when a person I don't even really know left a comment saying "great post and good for you for realizing there is more to life than fashion." Now, I am glad that people are reading my blog. That is my purpose and hope. But I have to admit, I was annoyed and honestly thinking about it, I am still annoyed. Obviously I realize there is more to life than fashion. And I don't understand why someone I barely knew way back when wants to pass judgement on who I am and what I am doing.
So, today I want to give a little insight on who I am and what truly matters to me. Not to prove anything to the person who left the snide comment but to let you guys know who I am outside of my love of all things fashion.

Who am I?
I am a wife.

I am a Christian.
I am a daughter.

I am a sister. 
I am an aunt.

I am a granddaughter.
I am a niece. 
I am a Texas girl.
I am a dog momma.

I am a college graduate.
I am a certified chef.
I am crazy organized.
I am a retail sales person.
I am creative.
I am a home owner.
I have a severe anxiety disorder.
I am a friend.
I am a blogger.


What do I love?
I love my husband.

I love my God.
I love my family.
I love my friends.

I love my dogs.

I love to cook.

I love dessert.
I love to run and work out.
I love clothes.
I love shoes.
I love makeup.
I love the color pink.
I love cold weather.
I love to snow ski.

I love movies and tv.
I love fruit.
I love carbs.
I love to dance.
I love to sew.
I love holidays.
I love the outdoors.

I know there are a thousand more things I could put but those are the ones I could think of right now. Ha!
My hobby and career passion is fashion. My life passions are my relationships. The people (and animals :)) that I love. 
Happy weekend everyone. I am off on a girl's trip with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment