Sunday, January 1, 2012

Muddy Buddies


Crocheted Cape: Free People
Tshirt: H&M
Leggings: Sparkle and Fade
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
This outfit really has nothing to do with this post except for the fact that it is what I was wearing when I made the recipe that is to follow. But ... I wanted to share because I liked it a lot (ha!). These JC Litas are really incredible shoes. They are crazy cute, they make me insanely tall, and they are comfortable and easy to be up and about in. I literally walked around in them all day and never thought about my feet. And how about these printed leggings and the crocheted cape?! These are the kind of pieces that are neutral enough to go with many different things but they pack enough punch that they add a ton of interest to an outfit.

Now ... moving on to "muddy buddies." I don't normally blog about recipes and, considering that I am really a good cook, it is funny that this perfectly simple 15 minute recipe is where I am going to begin. But y'all!!!! ... muddy buddies are delicious. I don't care who you are. If you like chocolate. If you like peanut butter. If you like sugar. Then you will like this yumminess. And you could throw it together with your eyes closed it is so easy (don't really try that. you would probably succeed but you would also make a ginormous mess).

I got the recipe here. All you do is ... 


Put 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute. Take it out and stir it together really well. Put it back in the microwave on high for thirty more seconds and then stir it some more until it is smooth and looks like this ...



then ...


Measure 9 cups of Chex cereal into another bowl. This time I used honey nut flavor but you can use plain or chocolate or whatever makes you happy.


Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the cereal ...


... and mix it all up until the cereal pieces are good and coated in the chocolate


Next, measure 1.5 cups powered sugar into a large ziploc baggie


Add the cereal mixture on top of the powdered sugar... close the bag up tight ... and shake shake shake until ...


... it looks something like this. 

All you have to do once the shaking is over is try to keep yourself your husband from eating it all in one sitting ... store it in the refrigerator ... and Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment