Thursday, December 22, 2011

Old St. Nick

I can't help myself. I have to show off all of our Christmas decorations. But only the inside ... even though RT really out does himself with the outside lights. They are AMAZING! 
 This cluster of trees is on our dining room table
... and santa stands up cattycorner behind
 This snowman cookie jar was a new addition this year and RT said we could only have it if we kept cookies in it. Which I did ... for the first week ... because I am the only one who eats them. He has one cookie in a week and he is good. I could have one cookie an hour and still want another
 Our tree has a huge variety of ornaments
It is so fun to have a tree that really portrays both of us
 Stockings for everyone ... including the dogs of course
Although they are really just for decoration. We have hand beaded stockings at my parent's house (that is where we all are on Christmas morning) that would knock you socks off. My great grandmother started making them and my mom, my sister and I have kept the tradition going

I saw this Christmas quiz here and thought it was a fun idea ...

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?

  • hot chocolate

2. Doe Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

  • he wraps what is under the tree but not what is in our stockings

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

  • colored all the way!!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

  • no I do not

5. When do you put your decorations up?

  • thanksgiving night

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

  • way too many to list. i just love food (ha!)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?

  • my brother, sister and I used to all sleep in the same bed on Christmas Eve night. I am the youngest and so my siblings got too cool to sleep together way before I did and I was really sad when we quit doing this

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa Clause?

  • honestly I have no idea but I think I believed in Santa for a really long time

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

  • no I do not

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

  • with tons of mismatched ornaments

11. Snow ... love it or dread it?

  • LOVE LOVE LOVE it! but ... I live in TX

12. Can you ice skate?

  • I have no clue

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

  • no I do not

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?

  • the birth of Jesus. I was in the car with my niece and nephew this morning and Janey said "Christmas is not about presents and Santa Clause. Christmas is about the birth of baby Jesus so we can go to heaven." My heart melted. Way to go Jason!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

  • mmmmmmm dessert 

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

  • we all still spend the night with my parents on Christmas Eve. It is the best! I hope we always do. I love waking up on Christmas morning to my entire immediate family. And it is so fun to be there with all of the kids

17. What tops your tree?

  • a bunch of decorative glittery sticks ... random

18. Which do you prefer ... giving or receiving?

  • giving all the way. I love to feel like I have gotten something for someone that they are really going to love

19. Candy canes ... yuck or yummy?

  • yummy!

20. Favorite Christmas show?

  • Elf is the best newer one. I still laugh all the way through it every time. But I love the classic claymation Christmas movies too.

21. Saddest Christmas song?

  • there are sad Christmas songs? Why?

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?

  • I don't have a favorite. I like them all

No comments:

Post a Comment