Monday, December 19, 2011

Berry Kiss

Dress: Vintage
Tights: Anthropologie
Shoes: Steve Madden
I can't believe Christmas is only a week away. This year has gone by so fast. It freaks me out. I can remember when I was a kid and it felt like a week was a lifetime and now I know it will blow by almost without me even noticing. 

This weekend RT and I packed up the dogs and went to Oklahoma to have Christmas with his family. He has to work Christmas Eve this year so we won't be able to be there at all on Christmas day. My mother-in-law, Sandy, has a birthday November 30, RT's sister, Raegan, has a birthday on Christmas Eve, our niece, Bailey, has a birthday the day after Christmas, and my birthday is on January 6 so we combined Christmas and Birthdays. RT and I even got to go to Bailey's birthday party at a bounce house place. I absolutely cannot believe that girl is going to be 6 in a week! She was 2 when I met her for the first time. Craziness!

It is so fun to go and visit his side of the family. We got there on Friday night and had a big bonfire out on his parent's property with his family and a couple of his friends from high school. On Saturday we went to Bailey's party and then made homemade pizzas at RT's grandparent's house for dinner. Yesterday we got up and had french toast breakfast. My mother-in-law makes the best french toast. It seriously is one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. YUM! Then we opened Christmas gifts and hung out until it was time to go. I wish we had more time to spend with his family and with Bailey and baby Avery. Hopefully we will get to go back soon.

We had to get back though because it was back to work for me and studying for RT today. It is not too cold today and I thought this dress was a perfect choice for a cheery Monday. I paired it with colored tights (I know I know I wore them last week. So sue me) and some super tall brown heels. So now I am here at work thinking about how weird it is that in a little more than a week we will close the doors to this location and never look back. Ha! 

We are moving the store and will be open in our new location at the first of the year. I am so excited about it. I have been driving by the new store on my way to work in the mornings just because I like to look at it. It isn't even really on the way but I don't care.

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment