Saturday, November 26, 2011

Zig Zag Nails

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I think it is really fun!

Let me show you how I did it ...

First I painted my nails with the first color. I chose "Little Brown Dress" by Essie.
I allowed my nails to dry completely and then I used pinking shears (you could use any kind of scissors that create a fun edge) to cut a regular piece of scotch tape in half. Next I stuck the tape over half of each nail.
After that, I painted the half next to the tape with the second color. I used "You Don't Know Jacques" by O.P.I. I had to use 2 coats to cover the dark brown.
Don't worry if it gets on your skin a little bit. You can always clean that up with a q-tip and some nail polish remover. 
Immediately after the second coat is applied, carefully remove the tape from the nail. It is important not to let the paint set at all because then the tape might take some of the paint with it. 
Cover with the clear coat of your choice. I usually use "Good to Go" by Essie because it is quick dry and I am normally doing my nails in a hurry.
This is the finished product. Cute no?!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment