Friday, November 11, 2011

eleven/eleven/eleven

Happy Veterans Day!
Thank you to all of the troops and their families! 

 




Sweater: ARO
Slip: Michael Stars
Tights: Capezio
Wedges: Mossimo
I have been noticing people all over facebook updating their status with something they are thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving. I like the idea of that. I think it helps keep you positive about where you are and what you have in your life. I am obviously 10 days late but I am going to try to remember to put something that I am thankful for every time I post between now and Thanksgiving. 

Today, I am thankful for date night with RT. We both have work schedules that are always changing and sometimes we get to a place where I feel like I haven't really spent time with my husband in a while. It stinks. That is where we are right now. So ... last night he took me out to a yummy dinner so that we could have some quality "us" time. 

I ate myself sick on some incredible food and we ended it with dessert that was to die for.


Bread pudding with candied pecans. I normally hate bread pudding. Bread (in my opinion) should not be soggy. For any reason. Honestly I don't even like white bread because it is soggy to me. But the bread pudding last night was one of the best things I have ever eaten.


We had homemade Dulce de Leche ice cream on the side of our dessert. 

It is important to always order sides :)



This is RT's "oh wow this is so yummy" face.

My husband is funny.


Oh ... I almost forgot to add that I ate water buffalo for dinner. Yep that's right. I am an adventurous eater. ha! My dinner was a take on an italian wedding soup. It was a vegetable broth based soup with onion, celery, carrot, and herbs with fresh goat cheese ravioli and bufala (water buffalo) meatballs. Mmmm Mmmm Delish!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment