Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Down by the Bay



Dress: Vintage
Jakcet: Ella Moss
Boots: Frye
Tights: Spanx
These photos were taken a couple of weeks ago (notice the Halloween spiders and bats on the wall) and I just haven't gotten around to posting them until now. I found this completely amazing dress while in Round Top with my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and friend Jacque. It is so 70s and I honestly could not be more in love. I paired it with all grey to make it the obvious focal point. 
This was a new hair style for me and I thought it was pretty fun. I have gotten into Pinterest (it's an addiction) and I saw a how to on this hair do. I put my hair up in a high pony ... Got a clean sock and tucked the toe into the top to make a loop ... put the sock around the pony at the ends ... turned it down over and over until the sock with my hair around it met the base on the pony ... fluffed it around to make sure the sock wasn't showing anywhere ... pinned any fly aways ... and voila! Cute right?!

This past weekend I went down to Galveston with a couple of my girlfriends, Bridget and Katie. Bridget is from Houston and one of her mom's friend's has a bay house in Galveston. So we packed up and went for the weekend with her mom and two of her mom's friends. It was so much fun. The weather was perfect, mid seventies and sunny. We basically just hung out and relaxed. This was the view from the balcony off our bedroom. Perfection!


There was a bike rally going on while we were there and on Saturday we ventured down to the strand and this is what we found.


It was insanity. There were thousands of bikes and even more people standing around everywhere. We went to a couple of antique stores and out to lunch before deciding the crowds were just too much and we went back to the house. It was pretty interesting to see all the different bikes and all the people that come to bike rallies. Who knew??

No comments:

Post a Comment