Tuesday, July 24, 2012

what would you know if ..

every now and then i like to get a little more serious here. a little more heart felt. a little more in depth. i don't do that enough really. i am a surface level person. surface level is safe. surface level is not vulnerable. surface level floats comfortably above my beautifully crafted wall behind which I actually exist.

so in an effort to get real .. what would you know if you really knew ME??

.. you would know that winter is my favorite season and i love winter clothes more than any other kind

.. you would know that if you asked me to pick a favorite book i probably couldn't do it. i love to read i read all the time. i would be better at listing authors. i have read every book nicholas sparks has ever written. i have read every book that janet evanovich has ever written. i have read many books by krisitin hannah. i have read every book that robin jones gunn has ever written. i have read many many books by j.a. konrath.

.. you would know that i like to have a tv on while i fall asleep

.. you would know that i am a little bit crazy about things being clean and tidy. it kills me for someone to come to my house if it isn't up to my standards.

.. you would know that i love to cook.

.. you would know that i am terrified of heights. to the point that i can go full blown panic mode.

.. you would know that i have a severe panic disorder and have had panic attacks that lasted days. no sleep. lots of pacing. lots of crying. lots of rapid breathing. you would also know that i have had lots of help learning to control these attacks and they don't get that bad anymore {praise GOD!!}

if you really knew me .. you would know that i am a lover to my core. i love people. i love animals. i love nature. i LOVE

.. you would know that i am a glass-half-full person and always try to be positive even when it's hard

.. you would know that i am in sky high heels almost every day to the point that my feet are actually more comfortable in heels than in flats

.. you would know that i am a sucker for chick flicks. i  have a ton saved on our dvr and i watch them over and over

.. you would know that i am hyper-sensitive to and weirdly attached to smells. everything/person in my life has a smell correlated with it.

.. you would know that i have a serious sweet tooth and that i have dessert after dinner most nights. i love fruity candy and fruit pie/cobbler and frozen yogurt and really just anything sweet.

.. you would know that i am not a thrill seeker. i hate roller coasters. i have zero desire to sky dive or bungee jump. i like to stay safely on my feet on the ground thank you very much.

.. you would know that i am a morning person and that i adore the early morning hours in my dark house with a cup of coffee and my devotional before the rest of the world around me starts to stir.

.. you would know that i love to snow ski and hike and just be outside in colorado doing just about anything anytime.

if you really knew me .. you would know that marrying RT is the best thing i have ever done.

.. you would know that my friends and family are my world.

.. you would know that my dogs are my babies and that being an aunt is one of my favorite things.

.. you would know that i love red wine and going out to dinner.

.. you would know that lazy sundays are what dreams are made of.

if you really knew me .. you would know my deepest hidden secrets. my fears. my dreams. my insecurities. my passions. ME

happy tuesday!!


*post inspired by casey*




top: madison marcus
pants: georgie
shoes: lauren conrad for kohl's
sunglasses: steve madden








No comments:

Post a Comment