Monday, February 13, 2012

One

I am aware that every blogger on the planet who has a significant other is doing this but I thought I would dedicate today and tomorrow to my love story. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day after all. And even though I am not a big valentines day person .. I love a reason to celebrate my husband!

It all started nearly four years ago. It was the start of the summer and I was determined to be single for a while {I had just gotten out of a long time relationship}. So it was a Saturday evening and I was enjoying a bubble bath, a Doris Day movie, and a glass of red when I got a call from a friend 

"hey come meet me at sushi. I have a guy I want you to meet"
"no way! I am in the bath. It would take me too long to get cute enough to meet a new boy. Plus I am in single mode remember?"
"no pressure. I just think you guys would get along. We'll wait. Hurry hurry"

So .. I did. First impression of the guy sitting across from my friend at the sushi restaurant? Hottie! {ok I don't actually talk like that but the word is appropriate ha!} I sat down and we all chatted easily and comfortably for a while. When we got up to leave he suggested we all head over to this local bar to have a couple of drinks. My friend gave some excuse about having to shower but promised to meet up once she got ready. Considering I was freshly showered and thought this fellow was pretty darn appealing I agreed to meet him. We sat getting to know each other for a while and when it was time to leave he asked me out on a date for Tuesday night! 

This was super exciting and very nerve racking for me. I had never been on a date like this before. I had had several boyfriends but I was always good friends with them first so the whole first date with the boy you don't really know thing had never happened to me. Naturally I spent ample time freaking about what to wear. Settling on skinny jeans and heals with a new spring sweater. 

He picked me up and we went out to dinner and back to his house to watch a movie. Mostly the date was perfect. He was so sweet and funny and we had a great time .. until the drive home. We had the most awkward conversation .. he asked me about my last relationship {like I said .. I had just gotten out of a long time relationship not long before this}. I answered honestly but got so awkward about it and when we got to my house I all but sprinted to the door and slammed it behind me barely stopping to say thank you and goodnight. Smooth. I know. 

I texted my friend who had introduced us assuring her that I would never hear from him again because I acted like a complete freakazoid. I ended up texting him the next day apologizing for being so weird and it turns out I was wrong .. I absolutely did hear from that cute new boy again. 
And again.
And again.
don't judge my short, highlighted ha ..
it wasn't the best do i've ever had but hey we can't get it right EVERY time can we?

Stay tuned for part two tomorrow!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment