Thursday, April 7, 2011

Miyagi









Shirt: Trash & Luxury
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
Heels: Gianni Bini
Sunglasses: Ralph by Ralph Lauren
These pictures were taken in a Japanese garden which reminded me of Mr. Miyagi's little greenhouse room in The Karate Kid. It's where he taught Daniel to trim the Bonsai tree remember?? I loved that movie when I was a kid. I have an older sister and an older brother so we always watched movies that appealed to boys and girls. The Karate Kid was a staple in our house growing up.
It always amazes me how certain situations or places or smells take you straight back to your childhood. I don't know if that only happens to me but it seems like every new experience can be tied back to my past somehow.
I am sure that is how my mom feels about these jeans and cropped tops. When I showed her these jeans she was so excited. She said she has missed the exaggerated bell bottom and has been waiting for it to come back in style. We got her the same pair. Love them!! This is the only top that I have that is somewhat "graphic" style but I just had to have it. I love the abstract face with the prison garb stripes and it is throwback to Harper Bazaar from way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment