Monday, April 18, 2011

In the Yard with the Dogs




Shirt: Piko 1988
Bandeau: Fredericks of Hollywood
Shorts: Blank
Heels: Christian Louboutin
I am sure this it's hugely apparent but our dogs are a huge part of our lives. We are still newly married (it has been close to a year now. I can't believe it) and so our dogs are more like our children than our pets. Really easy children that can go in their kennels when we want to go out or something. Its perfect!
Layla, the chihuahua, was my little love that I got when I moved out on my own in college. She literally goes everywhere with me. I take her to work and the whole nine yards.
Zoey, the golden retriever/sheltie mix, we just adopted about six months ago. She stays at home during the day but when we are home she spends her time right under our feet. 
They are such loves and they truly make our lives fuller and happier.
On friday I came home from work and had been gone for 8 hours and Zoey was gone. We usually just leave her in the back yard so that she doesn't have to be in her kennel for that long. I was completely devastated! I went around to all of the neighbors and nobody had seen her. Ryan and I drove around separately for hours calling and looking for her with no luck. Finally I realized I just needed to go home and hope she came back. About 11:30 that night I was on the phone with my sister and she said "maybe you should leave her food bowl on the front porch so that if she comes home in the middle of the night she might be more inclined to stay" I thought that was pretty smart so I got the pillow she likes to lay on and her food bowl and was going to put them on the front porch. When I opened the door she came running in. I had paced from the front door to the back door at least 25 times and she was not there but somehow she found her way back home. Thank goodness!! She is safe and unharmed minus the fact that her feet are really sore from running around all day. She has a little limp but I am calling that punishment. I told Ryan though, never again will I leave her out. 
Drama! Drama! Drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment