Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Most Important Meal of the Day

At my house we are eaters. We do not skip meals. Especially since I love to cook. And that includes breakfast. I am every bit a morning person and I don't like to be rushed so I get up in plenty of time to do my devotional, work out, cook and eat breakfast, enjoy a couple of cups of coffee, get ready and even watch some of the news. I literally wake up a good three and a half hours before I have to leave the house for work. It is glorious. I love that time.


I generally try to cook pretty healthy. Calorie, fat, and salt conscious and I try to have a good balance of all of your necessary food groups. During thanksgiving I linked you guys over to the pioneer woman's blog for her cinnamon rolls recipe. It is decadent and delicious and if you like to cook you have to try them. So so yummy! But they are a treat. Not intended to every week use. At least not for me. So this morning I made cooking light's version of cinnamon rolls. Also very yummy! Not quite as decadent but satisfying for sure.

before the icing

after the icing .. oh yeah!!


This is what RT's breakfast plate looks like on any given morning..

Sometimes there is fruit or a muffin instead of the cinnamon rolls. Sometimes the bacon is sausage. Sometime his eggs and sausage are in a tortilla. But I make eggs every morning that he is at home. My plate looks the same with a little less eggs and minus the bacon/sausage. I use one whole egg and five eggs whites and scramble them up with a little milk, salt and pepper and we choose either center cut bacon or the package that has the most meat on it.

 

Happy Tuesday!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment