Thursday, August 4, 2011

Roadtrippin'

And we're off! I am officially off work for the next week and Ryan and I are headed to my favorite place on earth! I know I have already told you guys but we are going to spend some time with family in Colorado for the next several days and I am super excited! The road-trip is long (15 hours!) but I grew up making this drive and honestly I love it. Ryan isn't as much of a road-trip lover as I am but he is a good sport none the less. So, with the big dog at the kennel (sniff! tear! sniff!) and the little dog staying with my sweet in-laws (thank you so much!), we embark on our vacation. 
I was on the phone with my mom last night and we were laughing because I really don't have the appropriate attire for this adventure vacation. We are going to be "roughin' it" as my dad put it. Hiking, biking, fishing and all that fun stuff during the day and hanging out around the campfire at night. The daytime attire I have covered. I love outdoor exercise and I have plenty of clothes to wear for that but it is the sitting around the campfire at night that I'm ill prepared for. I am sure this sounds silly but seriously what shoes am I going to need? Anyway there is not doubt I have too much stuff packed but I wasn't sure what exactly I am going to need. 
I will be updating with pictures once we are home. Rest assured this won't be my most fashionable week but I know we are going to have a blast and I can't wait to get there. 
Everyone have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment