Monday, August 29, 2011

The End of Lake Season

Over the weekend RT and I went out to the lake to hang out with family and friends. My parents, my sister and her family, and some friends and their kids came out. We hung out on rafts in the lake and watched as all the kids climbed up the ladder onto the dock, ran around to the side and jumped back in. Over and over and over. Until, that is, they realized they could jump from the top of the dock house and it would be much higher. They needed a grown up to supervise this, so RT and his friend volunteered. The two older boys (4&3) went barreling off the top with absolutely no fear. And really my niece (she is 5) did it once with a huge amount of bravery but then she wasn't all that interested in doing it again. ha! After a long afternoon on the dock we went up to the house and all enjoyed a yummy delicious dinner and sat around and talked until late in the night. I love nothing more than spending time with friends and family. It was so much fun. 

Because my parents live on a lake my entire family tries to go out there as much as possible. Honestly, my brother and sister and their families are way better than RT and I about getting out there every weekend. My only excuse ... and it is a pretty good one ... is that we both work weekends sometimes. Anyway, Labor Day weekend is usually the last big lake weekend since school and life as we all know it will officially be started back up after Labor Day. That would be this upcoming weekend :(
My parents always host anyone who wants to come and hang out and we send off the lake season for the year. In accordance with this I thought I would post all of the pictures that have been taken out at my parent's place since I started this blog that I have loved so much.
And ... I encourage you to get to a lake if you can this Labor Day weekend. I promise it is super fun! And if you live where I do it is just about the only way to tolerate being outside in the heat :)
Dress: Lux
Shoes: Gianni Bini
Top: Motel
Pants: Gracia
Shoes: L.A.M.B.
Top: Madison Marcus
Shorts: Joe's Jeans
Tights: Free People
Shoes: Steve Madden
Top: VIntage
Skirt: BCBG Maxazria
Shoes: L.A.M.B.
Dress: Madison Marcus
Shoes: Steve Madden
Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment