Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Want to Move!

Just a warning ... this is probably going to be my longest post to date and really has nothing to do with fashion. As a matter of fact it might also be my least fashionable post to date. But the scenery is absolute perfection and I can't weed out any more of it. Thought it would be nice to let you know before you got started (ha!). Enjoy! 

No offense to my beloved TX but being in Crested Butte for the last week makes me want to move so bad! Seriously! Hiking, biking, rafting, fishing, loving life all day every day in the summer and skiing, snow shoeing, snowboarding, sledding, loving life all day every day in the winter!!! It really is too bad we can't move somewhere new for a few years ... oh well ... we will just have to visit as much as possible.

As soon as we got into town we dropped our bags, changed our clothes, and met my parents on a hike.


View of Crested Butte from up above


Hiking!


I told you before ... this was not a fashionable vacay (ha!)


This teepee was just sitting in someone's back yard. So cool!




Early morning hike!



Meet my mom and dad :)


And Connie too. She is a great friend of my mom's who still lives in CB and she was such a fun and knowledgeable tour guide on many of our hikes


I repeat ... I want to move!


Look there is still snow at the top of a lot of the mountains


Pretty spectacular mushroom that was worthy of Alice in Wonderland


Random collection of rocks all stacked together with basically no purpose ... but it looked cool


Check out how this tree fell over and is resting above the ground on it's spindally limbs (not that "spindally" is a word)



Their flowers get so tall!



I have an older brother and an older sister and they have blessed me with 6 nieces and nephews. These are just the oldest 3. There are 3 more boys younger than them. I never knew I could love children as much as I love these sweet little angels


Riding the high speed quad up to the top of the ski mountain


CB looks sooo tiny!


My dad and his brothers. So fun to vacation with family!


Hiking!


At the top of some of the runs that we ski all the time when we visit during the winter


It takes about 15 minutes to ride the lift up and ski all the way to the base but on foot it took us about 3 hours. They have a trail called "The Yellow Brick Road" that winds back and forth all along the front of the mountain. It was really neat to be on this mountain without the snow. I didn't have any memories of seeing it in the summer until now.

Have a great week everyone!




































No comments:

Post a Comment