Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monochromatic




Top: Jay Godfrey     Pants: Genetic     Shoes: Gianni Bini
Monochromatic, especially in black, can look so sleek. Because of the season and the constant overcast that is plaguing me right now, I find myself in dark colors a lot and so black on black just kind of happens.
This entire outfit is made up of pieces that are staples in my wardrobe.
I went to market with my boss for the first time a couple of years ago and that was the first time I saw (and wished for) these pants. Genetic has put them in their holiday collection ever since and I FINALLY got them!! WooHoo! I think they are so cute. No clue why, but the lace detail makes them so much more fun to wear.
I bought this backless Jay Godfrey top to wear for New Years Eve this year. I liked the jewel detailing across the neckline in the back and I thought the backless feature was sexy in a subtle sort of way. Perfect for the occasion.
These shoes have a similar story to the top. I bought them to wear to a friend's wedding and now I wear them all the time. They just seem to go with everything. Not to mention the brown and cream snake skin is way cool.
This might be my very favorite necklace. For my mom's 50th birthday, my family went on a Mediterranean cruise and I found this necklace in a little boutique in Mikonos. The owner's daughter makes jewelry and this necklace just had to come home with me. It is so different from anything else I have. Truly a one of a kind.
I tend to gravitate toward pieces that have qualities that make them a little bit different than what you might normally expect. The idea of putting together outfits that aren't predictable makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment